This refresher course provides participants with up-to-date information on legislation and a review of important safety and procedural details relating to high & low voltage switching operations.
ATTS training facility includes real, purpose-built HV Switchgear and LV Switchgear equipment with a range of tools and testing instruments. The course provides substantial practical training (50%) on how to safely perform remote/local switching, switchgear isolation (Lock-out Tag-out), integral earthing, testing and switchgear energisation. Candidates will be refreshed on electrical permit-to-work systems, HV safety rules and related safety documentation.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to ‘refresh’ the knowledge, skills and experience of electrical personnel who have previously completed the 4-day High Voltage (HV) and Low Voltage (LV) Switchgear
Operations course conducted by ATTS and accredited by IADC.
- Candidates should have basic knowledge of electrical theory and practice
- Candidates are required to supply their own personal protective safety equipment.
- High Voltage Safety Rules, Electrical Permit-To-Work and Safety Documentations
- Types of High Voltage Switchgear – Air-Insulated Switchgear (A.I.S) and Gas-Insulated Switchgear (G.I.S)
- Inspection, Operation, Maintenance, Testing of HV Switchgear
- Low Voltage (LV) Switchboard Classification
- Types of LV Switchgear and Operations
- Inspection, Operation and Maintenance of LV Switchgear
- Power System Protective Relays Overview
- Developing and Implementing Switching Schedule
Course Duration (Days)
Inspection and Operation HV and LV Switchgear
Hi-pot test on HVCB
Thermal Inspection of localized hotspots using IR camera
Implementation of Switching Schedule
Certification of Completion issued by International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC)
All applications are to be submitted online / via email at least 3 days prior to course commencing date. Successful applicants will receive the course confirmation and payment advisory email. Registration is only confirmed upon full payment of course fees