This course aims to train mariners to be capable of managing high voltage operations on board ship, understanding the high voltage distribution system and the importance of maintaining distribution capability and identifying faults within a high voltage system and reconfigure the system to maintain supply. The course contents meet the STCW (Manila Admendement-2010)
Who Should Attend
MEO class 5, EOOW or Marine Electrician who will be working or planning to work on HV system in a ship should apply.
Applicants should possess the assumed skills and knowledge as outlined in the competency standards as follows:
- Must have good standards of both written and verbal English. verbal English
- Delegates should have basic knowledge of electrical theory and practice.
- Prior Electrical or Electro-technical experience in a shipboard environment.
- Have completed 12 months sea time.
- Understanding of the functional, operational and safety requirements for Marine High Voltage System.
- Assistance to suitable qualified personnel in carrying out maintenance and repair of HV Switchgear.
- Understand the concept of PTW & SFT and candidates are expected to show this understanding during practical.
- Isolation and earthing procedure on a Marine HV System, complete with Safety documentation.
- Performance of insulation resistance and polarisation index test on Marine HV equipment.
- Performance of Hi-pot test on Marine HV equipment.
- Performance of thermal imaging.
- Performance of Hi-pot test on Marine HV equipment and thermal imaging.
- Theory and practical assessment.
Course Duration (Days)
HV Switchgear inspection and maintenance
IR & PI Tests
HV Hi-Pot Test
High Voltage Training (Operation Level) Approved by MPA SINGAPORE
All applications are to be submitted online / via email at least 3 days prior to course commencing date. Successful applicants will receive the course confirmation and payment advisory email. Registration is only confirmed upon full payment of course fees.