CompEx Competence Based Course
Gas & Vapours (Ex01-Ex04)
Course Duration (Days) :
Theoretical – 60MCQ
Practical – Installation & Inspection
Certificate of Core Competency
Awarded by JTLimited UK (Valid for 5 years)
CompEx (Ex01-Ex04) training and assessment course is a competency-based certification programme. The course is designed to raise levels of competence or personnel carrying out installation, inspection and maintenance of electrical apparatus in explosive gas atmospheres to the IEC 60079 series.
Who Should Attend
Electrical and instrumentation personnel who conducts electrical installation or inspection of hazardous areas should apply.
Applicants should posses the assumed skills and knowledge as outlined in the competency standards as follows:
- Must have good standards of both written and verbal English.
- Possess Electrical/Instrumentation qualification from the vocation schools that enable us to determine the electrotechnical competency.
- Possess Employment certification (Clearly indicate the electrical/instrumentation work experience in the recent years).
- General principles, ignition properties and apparatus
- Protection, sources of ignition
- Standards, certification and marking
- Flameproof Ex ‘d’ protection
- Increased safety Ex ‘e’ protection
- Type Ex ‘n’ protection
- Pressurisation Ex ‘p’ protection
- Intrinsic safety Ex ‘i’ protection
- Other methods of protection, Ex ‘o’, Ex ‘q’ and Ex ‘m’
- Combined (hybrid) methods of protection
- Installation and Wiring systems to IEC 60079-14
- Inspection and maintenance to IEC 60079-17
- Induction to competence validation testing
- Permit-to-work system and safe isolation
- Ex01 - The preparation & installation of Ex ‘d’, ‘n’, ‘e’ and ‘p’ electrical equipment in explosive atmospheres
- Ex02 - The inspection and maintenance of Ex ‘d’, ‘n’, ‘e’ and ‘p’ electrical equipment in explosive atmospheres
- Ex03 - The preparation & installation of Ex 'i' equipment and systems in explosive atmospheres
- Ex04 - The inspection and maintenance of Ex 'i' equipment and systems in explosive atmospheres
All applications are to be submitted online / via email at least 3 days prior to course commencing date. Successful applicants will receive the course confirmation and payment advisory email. Registration is only confirmed upon full payment of course fees.