- 3-Day ‘EX’ Basic Course
Course Duration (Days) :
Theoretical – 30MCQ
Preparation of glands
ATTS Certificate of Completion.
To provide basic electrical installation and inspection knowledge in compliance with international standards IEC 60079-10; 14 & 17.
Who Should Attend
Ex Basic course will be useful to graduate engineers or anyone who conducts electrical installation or inspection of hazardous areas as well as those who wish to upgrade their practical skills and knowledge.
- Must have good standards of both written and verbal English.
- Basic electrical knowledge
- General principals, ignition properties and sources of ignition, types of explosion protection and zones of use, basic ‘Ex’ marking.
- Cables and glands, Ex markings, Earthing and Bonding.
- Standards, certification and marking.
- Flameproof Exd Protection.
- Pressurisation Ex ‘P’ protection, Increased safety Ex ‘E’ protection, Type Ex ‘N’ protection,
Combined (hybrid) methods of protection.
- Intrinsic safety Ex ia & Ex ib protection.
- Inspection to recognized standards.
- Permit to work and safe isolation.
All applications are to be submitted online / via email at least 3 days prior to course commencing date. Successful applicants will receive the course confirmation and payment advisory email. Registration is only confirmed upon full payment of course fees.