HIGH & LOW VOLTAGE
Course Duration (Days) :
Theoretical – 30MCQ
Execution of switching program
Inspection of HV & LV Switchgear
Certification of Completion issued by International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC)
The course provides training in the operational procedures and inspection of HV and LV switching units in distribution system including protection relays used in distribution system and electrical equipment. An overview is given on regulatory frameworks, permit to work systems, documentation and procedures for safe isolation.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for electrical personnel involved in the operations and maintenance of power distribution networks and switchgear in onshore/offshore or fixed installations.
Applicants should possess the assumed skills and knowledge as outlined in the competency standards as follows:
- Candidates should have basic knowledge of electrical theory and practice
- Guide to electrical safety
- Regulations permit to work and safe isolation
- Single line diagrams and graphical symbols
- HV and LV Earthing System
- Protection Relays and Control Diagrams
- Synchronisation of generators
- HV switchgear and Operation
- LV switchgear and Operation
- Switching Programmes
All applications are to be submitted online / via email at least 3 days prior to course commencing date. Successful applicants will receive the course confirmation and payment advisory email. Registration is only confirmed upon full payment of course fees.