CompEx Refresher Course
Gas & Vapours (Ex01R-Ex04R)
Course Duration (Days) :
Theoretical – 60MCQ
Ex01R - Glanding & Installation ( No barrier Gland)
Ex02R - Inspection of Non. I.S equipment
Ex01R & Ex03R - Selection & Installation of Non I.S & I.S equipment using Laminated cards on a simulated board.
Ex04R - Inspection of I.S equipment
Certificate of Core Competency (Refresher)Awarded by JTLimited UK (Valid for 5 years)
The course is intended to refresh and update the knowledge and skills of qualified Electrical & Instrumentation Personnel working with electrical equipment for hazardous areas. Competency assessment will be conducted on test rigs and simulated board to cover updates in installation practices and inspections for power and intrinsically safe equipment. Compliance with the latest editions of IEC 60079 for electrical equipment in explosives atmospheres is an essential element of the course. Knowledge will be assessed with multi-choice questions through on-line examination.
Who Should Attend
Personnel who hold a current CompEx Certificate of Core Competence in modules Ex01, Ex02, Ex03 and Ex04 are eligible for this course.
Applicants should posses the assumed skills and knowledge as outlined in the competency standards as follows:
- Must have good standards of both written and verbal English.
- Possess Electrical/Instrumentation qualification from the vocation schools that enable us to determine the electrotechnical competency.
- Possess Employment certification (Clearly indicate the electrical/instrumentation work experience in the recent years).
- A valid CompEx competency certification
- Updates in Standards, Certification and marking.
- Review of the nature of flammable materials including ignition temperature, gas/equipment grouping, temperature classification, ambient temperature ratings, equipment protection levels; and ingress protection and area classification
- Types of protection Ex d, Ex e, Ex n, Ex p, Ex i; and hybrids
- Selection of installation of cables, glands and accessories to IEC60079-14 in test rigs.
- Inspection of equipment to IEC60079-17 – visual, close, and detailed grades of inspection in test rigs.
- Selection & Installation of non I.S & I.S equipment to minimum requirements on simulated board.
All applications are to be submitted online / via email at least 3 days prior to course commencing date. Successful applicants will receive the course confirmation and payment advisory email. Registration is only confirmed upon full payment of course fees.