CompEx Competence Based Course (Ex11)
Mechanical & Flange Integrity
Course Duration (Days) :
Theoretical – 60MCQ
Visual inspection, measurement and selection of appropriate tools
Assembly and blanking of the flange with the selection of the correct part
Pressure test of the flange connection
Safe disassembly of a flange joint
CompEx Certificate of Core competence Ex11
Awarded by JTLimited UK (Valid for 5 years)
This course is to determine the core competency of mechanical personnel. The training programme and syllabus cover the selection, assembly and routines associated with mechanical equipment for use in hazardous areas. This will meets the competency requirements for EN 13463 Parts 1, 5 & 6 for operatives working with mechanical equipment.
Who Should Attend
The course is aimed to give technician, engineers, supervisors QA/QC operation an understanding of electrical and mechanical hazards that can give rise to danger in the workplace. Candidates will demonstrate their competency in preparation, installation, inspection and maintenance of mechanical equipment in potentially explosive atmospheres.
Applicants should possess the assumed skills and knowledge as outlined in the competency standards as follows:
- Must have good standards of both written and verbal English.
- Possess mechanical qualification from the vocation schools that enable us to determine the mechanical competency.
- Possess Employment certification (Clearly indicate the mechanical work experience in the recent years).
- Hazardous areas overview
- Ignition sources of gas and dust
- Introduction to Area classification
- Categories, EPLs & Marking / labelling
- Equipment for use in hazardous areas
- Repairs & Modifications
- Requirements for ATEX and IECEx non-electrical equipment and assemblies
- Basic Mechanical Standards (BS EN 13463 part 1, 5 &6) (ISO 80079-36,37)
- Bearings, seal, spares, coupling, lubrication etc
- Safety issues during overhaul
- Commissioning / de-commissioning
- Inspection and maintenance – Torque tools & bolting procedure
- Selection and use of gaskets, flanges, bolts and pipe integrity
All applications are to be submitted online / via email at least 3 days prior to course commencing date. Successful applicants will receive the course confirmation and payment advisory email. Registration is only confirmed upon full payment of course fees.