Course Duration (Days) :1
Maintenance of Electrical/ Electronic Systems in Flammable Areas Course covers the fundamentals of electrical and electronic equipment operating in hazardous areas. The course is intended to provide in-depth understanding of hazardous areas and its recognised working practices.
Who Should Attend
Electrical Engineers aiming to be certified as Electro-Technical Officers on board sea vessels should apply.
Applicants should posses the assumed skills and knowledge as outlined in the competency standards as follows:
· Must have good standards of both written and verbal English.
· Theory (Classroom)
Elements of Gas/Vapour Explosions
- Combustion Triangle
- Area Classification
- Process safety
- Methods of Explosion Protection
- Marking and Selection of Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas
- Inspection and Maintenance of Elect Equipment in Hazardous Areas
- Knowledge Test
- Elements of Gas/Vapour Explosions
- Identify Ex equipment marking
- Inspect faults in hazardous areas electrical installation
All applications are to be submitted online/ via email at least 3 days prior to course commencing date. Successful applicants will receive the course confirmation and payment advisory email. Registration is only confirmed upon full payment of course fees.