Maritime Cluster Fund (MCF)
Introduced by the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA), the Maritime Cluster Fund (MCF) facilitates the growth of Singapore’s maritime cluster by supporting the industry’s manpower and business development efforts as well as its drive for productivity improvements. There are three key components under MCF. The MCF-Manpower Development co-funds maritime companies in the development of manpower, training initiatives and capabilities. The MCF-Business Development supports eligible expenses incurred in the initial development of new maritime companies and organisations setting up in Singapore, or existing maritime companies and organisations expanding into new lines of maritime businesses. The MCF-Productivity supports initiatives by the maritime industry that will lead to productivity gains.
MCF will provide upto 70% training grant of the course fees, excluding GST, for the following short courses :-
1. High Voltage (HV) Training course at Management Level
2. High Voltage (HV) Training course at Operational Level
- Training grant is only provided for MCF-approved courses (please log on to http://www.mpa.gov.sg/mcf for information on MCF-approved courses) and application must be submitted to MPA at least 30 days before the commencement of the course;
- Course participants must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents;
- Course participants must attain at least 75% attendance at the course; and
- Business entities whose employees are participants of this course and are applying for MCF support must not be receiving any other forms of financial training assistance [e.g. Skills Development Fund (SDF) or Skills Redevelopment Programme (SRP), etc.] administered by other government bodies e.g. WSG or NTUC, etc.
Participants and business entities must strictly adhere to the eligibility criteria stipulated above. MPA reserves the right to reject the application in the event of failure by participants/businesses to comply with the eligibility criteria.