This policy applies to Assets Training & Technical Services Pte Ltd, and outlines our obligations and practices in the handling of the Personal Data we collect and hold about our customers, prospects, vendors, suppliers, partners, and all others who come into contact with us across all touch points of our business operations, including those seeking employment with us.
Purpose of Collection
Generally, we collect Personal Data from customers, prospective customers, suppliers etc. for purposes relating to the products and services we offer or require. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to your enquiries regarding training courses, and any other services we offer
- Receiving feedback
- Processing requests, orders and administering accounts
- Providing customer support including account servicing (class confirmation, reminders, postponements, cancellations etc)
- Communication with you in relation to products and services we provide which are relevant to your existing relationship with us
- Offering you updated marketing and promotional packages you can benefit from, including products and services offered by our partners
- Course & product updates and upgrades
- Research and surveys
- Meeting regulatory and legal obligations
- Helping in registering yourself for any professional bodies’ accreditation points that you may be a member with and ATTS is associated with.
- Joint scheme/sales partners: ATTS operates joint schemes/sales with third parties. Both ATTS and the joint scheme partner will need to share information with each other in order to operate the scheme
- submit any form, including but not limited to application, declaration, proposal, appeal, referral forms or uploaded documents;
- enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions and transactions with us, or when you use our services;
- interact with our staff, for example, via telephone calls, letters, fax, face-to-face meetings and email;
- use our services provided through online and other technology platforms, such as websites and apps, including when you establish any online accounts with us;
- your images are captured by us while you are within our premises or when you attend any event organised by us, via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives
- submit an employment application or when you provide documents or information including your resume and/or curriculum vitae in connection with any appointment as an officer, director, representative or any other position;
We may for these purposes, contact you via mail (including electronic mail), telephone, SMS or other communication (text or image) applications for mobile devices, and facsimile.
Collection of Personal Data
Where possible, we will collect your Personal Data directly from you and secure the relevant consent from you. This may take place in a number of ways, such as when you visit us in our Training Centre, email, online registration etc, give us a written order or ask us to provide a product or service over the telephone or internet.
Disclosure of Personal Data
In providing you with a product or service, we may sometimes need to disclose your Personal Data to others. It is generally not our policy to disclose your Personal Data to external organisations unless we have your consent &/or are required to disclose your Personal Data as required in the normal course and scope of our business in the provision of our services to you, &/or for contractual, legal and regulatory requirements. Some examples of the types of external organisations we may need to disclose information to in the course of providing a product or service are:
- Certification Governing Bodies
- Regulatory bodies and agencies, eg Ministry of Manpower (MOM) etc.
- Funding agencies eg, SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) etc
- National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), Employment & Employability Agency (E2i)
- Insurers and financiers
- Professional Board that you maybe associated with
These external organisations are not authorised by us to use your Personal Data for anything other than the purpose(s) for which we supplied that data to them or as required by law. Unless otherwise required or permitted by law, we will only disclose your Personal Data with your consent (implied or expressed), and we will also take reasonable steps to ensure the external organisation to whom we have disclosed your information are also legally bound to protect the privacy of your Personal Data.
From time to time, we may contact you via mail, electronic-mail, telephone (call or SMS-Text) or facsimile, to inform about our products and services, or about special offers and promotions that we think may be of interest to you. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing material (by contacting us at the details below) and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database.
Withdrawal of Consent
Should you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales and marketing information via a specific mode or all modes of communications (e.g., mail, email, telephone calls, SMS-Text), please notify us in writing to our contact details below. We may require up to 4 weeks, upon receipt of your request, for the change to take effect.
Whilst we respect your decision to withhold and/or withdraw your consent, you may wish to know that should we not have the appropriate consent to contact you in the mode we might develop for the sales and marketing information, customer care support and all other purposes for our customers, we might not be able to accord you the full extent of the personalized and comprehensive customer experience we had designed to serve you.
Ensuring Personal Data is up-to-date
We rely on the Personal Data we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the Personal Data we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We will do our best to ensure that the Personal Data we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we will ask you to tell us if there are any changes to your Personal Data. If you find that the Personal Data we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it.
Access to Personal Data by Individuals
You can access most of the Personal Data we hold about you by contacting us formally through the contact details indicated below. We will require a formal written request from you to our Data Privacy Officer (details below).
An administrative fee will be charged to you to cover the reasonable cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you.
Access to Personal Data may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where the Personal Data relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will explain why as required by applicable laws.
Security of Personal Data is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect Personal Data include:
- External and internal premises security;
- Restricting access to Personal Data only to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access or damage to electronically stored information, such as requiring identifiers and passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software; and
- Maintaining physical security over paper records.
Keeping your contact details up to date will allow us to contact you and tailor our communications to your needs. You can contact us to retrieve you data for verification and update.
We will retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period for the purposes, or as required by law or as required for certification requirement or requirement from certification authority.
Cookies: Privacy and our websites
When visiting our sites, you will not be required to provide us with any Personal Data unless you request information about our product or service, or respond to a contest or promotion, or provide a feedback. In which case, we will ask you to provide contact details along with other information required to respond to your request or allow you to enter the contest or promotion.
The Personal Data and information provided may also be retained for product planning purposes, and we may use your Personal Data to contact you for direct marketing purposes where your consent was given.
If you send us an email:
If you send us an email containing your Personal Data, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the confidentiality of that information. The content of emails is sometimes monitored by our internet host for maintenance and fault detection purposes. We may also monitor email for legal compliance purposes.
Although we take steps to protect Personal data and information sent by e-mail, e-mail is not a secure method of communication and if you are concerned about sending your Personal Data to us in this manner you may prefer to contact us by any of the other means set out below.
If you believe that the privacy of your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us and we will take the relevant steps to address your concerns.
Control Your Password
Right to Amend our Online Privacy Statement
Assets Training & Technical Services Pte Ltd
No 3 , Buroh Street, Singapore 627566
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org